Sunday, June 26, 2005

Joni's New Toy


June 26, 2005; Inks Lake, Texas:

Some friends we met last year are back again. They are Ron and Tina Auger. We spent a couple of evenings together eating out at the local restaurants. I knew it was going to cost us money when I saw them.

They dropped by in their Coleman Inflatable Kayaks! Joni had wanted a kayak for a long time and I knew I could not put this off any longer. I had used the old arguments that we did not have enough room to store one and when we buy something we have to get rid of something. Well, since it is inflatable and can be compacted to a small size, I knew I was on thin ice. So, the next day we picked up Joni’s new toy at Wal-Mart.



She spent all day yesterday in her kayak. Ron and Tina have already gone out for a couple of trips with her. It helps me out because she uses a lot of energy rowing this thing. This makes it a little easier for me to keep up with her when she is around.

Now all I have to do is figure out where to store it when we are on the move.